There are some great free events and workshops coming up soon.
1. First off is a beginner machine knitting workshop on Saturday 7th May from 1-5pm. We have machines here in the shop and all materials are included in the cost of €60.
2. Next up is the Eastern Regional Guild Meeting of the IGWSD on Sunday, 15 May from 2-4.30pm. This is a free event and will give you the chance to see and try spinning and weaving. Parking is free on Francis Street on Sundays.
3. Leading Clones Lace expert Maire Treanor is back on Saturday, 28 May from 11am to 5pm for another workshop. You can also purchase a signed copy of her book Clones Lace, The Story and Patterns of an Irish Crochet.
4. Cat Bordhi, who is bringing a group to Ireland in May, will be spending a day in Dublin on Monday, 9th May. The Group will be having a trunk show with Kieran Foley and afterwards, at about 5.30 you are all welcome to join us for a very very late afternoon tea and some knitting with Cat and her group who have expressed an interest in meeting some local knitters.
5. Then on World Wide Knit in Public Day, Saturday, 18th of June, Diane of the Dublin Knit Collective is organising a day of knitting, crochet, tea-drinking and cake-eating. There will also be lots of prizes! This takes place here from 11am to 3pm. This is a free event and you are all welcome.